October 25, 2005

Lebanon, Syria, and "The Princess Bride:"

Now that the UN has released a report blaming Syria in the assassination of the Lebanese leader Rafik Hariri, there have been numerous interviews with the murdered man's son. I'm reminded of William Goldman's dialogue from "The Princess Bride" when the Spanish swordsman Inigo Montoya finally tracks down the six-fingered man who murdered his father.

Inigo Montoya [Mandy Patinkin]: Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father: prepare to die.

Now, offer me money.

[slices Count Rugen's cheek]

Count Rugen [Christopher Guest]: Yes.

Inigo Montoya: Power too. Promise me that.

[slices Count Rugen's other cheek]

Count Rugen: All that I have and more. Please...

Inigo Montoya: Offer me everything I ask for.

Count Rugen: Any thing you want.

Inigo Montoya: I want my father back, you son of bitch.

[stabs and kills Count Rugen]


My published articles are archived at iSteve.com -- Steve Sailer

No comments: